QuoFrance - Forum Status Quo

Quofrance - Forum Francophone

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
-50%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-50% sur les sacs à dos pour ordinateur portable Urban Factory ...
19.99 € 39.99 €
Voir le deal

Not Dead Yet Live, comme Phil Collins

2 participants
AuteurMessage
dubs

Not Dead Yet Live, comme Phil Collins Empty
MessageSujet: Not Dead Yet Live, comme Phil Collins   Not Dead Yet Live, comme Phil Collins Icon_minitimeSam 3 Déc 2016 - 11:45

Bonjour,

Voici un interview de Francis paru ce jour dans la presse anglaise.
Que doit-on comprendre quand Francis dit que sa relation avec Rick est "ish" ??

IT'S been nearly 50 years since Status Quo burst onto the UK rock

scene, and despite their lifestyle they’ve shown little sign of slowing down.

As they set off on their last ever electric tour, frontman and co-founder

Francis Rossi reflects on the band’s incredible success…

As one of the founding members of one of Britain’s most long-lived and

successful rock bands, you could almost forgive Status Quo’s Francis Rossi for

having a ready-made, cliché-filled answer to why his band are still filling arenas after

nearly half a century together. But even Rossi – who clearly has no issue with

speaking his mind – is a little bit stumped when it comes to the secrets of the band’s

longevity.

“Sheer luck? I really don't know,” the 67-year-old guitarist and vocalist admits. “I

always thought Status Quo, even in the 60s, was the band least likely to make it and

if they did, least likely to maintain it. Now I’m 67, we’re still selling out, still doing

tours - I don't understand it. I analyse most things, but I try not to analyse that. Or

mess with it.”

Lucky or not, the fact remains that as the band with a record-breaking amount of UK

chart singles – more than Queen or The Rolling Stones – Status Quo’s unique brand

of anthemic, guitar-driven rock ‘n’ roll has captured the attention of legions of

devoted fans over the years. As 2016 draws to a close, however, it brings with it The

Last Night of the Electrics tour – and the retirement of the Quo’s energetic electric

live show after all these years.

“The better the show, the worse you feel the following morning,” says Rossi. “So I

wanted to stop and retire. I'm not sure Rick wanted to at that point, but obviously

we were aware that Rick has been in the danger zone for some time, and as he's

said, now is the payback for all the wild times.”

Those “wild times” during the Quo’s most fruitful years garnered both Rossi and his

bandmate Rick Parfitt a reputation for hedonism befitting of the stereotypical ideal of

the ‘rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle’. For Rossi, however, this is nothing more than “the myth of

show-business,” and he’s all too happy to reveal the truth behind the supposed glitz

and glamour.

“It's not as fabulous as it looks from the front, it's supposed to look fabulous from

the front,” he says. “We should never have been indulged but we have been. When

they tell you Zeppelin, or the Who or Quo wrecked a hotel room – what's so clever

about that? You sign a cheque in the morning, what's rock ‘n’ roll about that?”

Another myth Rossi is keen to dispel is the stereotype of Status Quo’s use of only

three chords that has wormed its way into musical folklore. It might be, as Rossi

says, “a great line,” but the frontman thinks it’s just another way in which music is

being overcomplicated and overanalysed.

“That whole thing about three chords, there's not much music that isn't three

chords,” he says. “You get chord tricks that happen in decades, and that strange

thing with everyone wanting something new. What for? I just want something great.

“I want something that does something to me,” he continues. “Whether or not it

sounds like, feels like, it's great. One of the worst things that happens with music is

people want to outline their own image and who they are with the music they

like...it's just music. If you want to intellectualise and become elitist about music, but

it's still music. I don't care what genre it is, it's a whole bunch of notes that are

jiggled around again.”

Though much has been made of Rossi’s supposed fractious relationship with Parfitt –

“our relationship is ‘ish’, I think” he laughs – the success of the band’s latest

Aquostic albums have shown that the public appetite for the Quo remains large.

Yet when it comes down to it, the biggest surprise for Rossi and his generation of

rockers isn’t that they’re still selling out arena tours, but rather that he’s still around

to make music in the first place.

“I saw Phil Collins the other night, I've known him somewhat for some time and like

everybody I was quite shocked that he's in that condition,” he concludes. “But he's

out there saying this is what he does, and I like the way he's named his tour Not

Dead Yet Live, that's very good. Most of our generation can't believe it - we're still

alive, how did that happen?”

JAKE TAYLOR

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/leisure/news/14944603.Status_Quo_legend_Francis_Rossi_reflects_on_the_band___s_incredible_success/
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Véro

Véro

Not Dead Yet Live, comme Phil Collins Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Not Dead Yet Live, comme Phil Collins   Not Dead Yet Live, comme Phil Collins Icon_minitimeVen 9 Déc 2016 - 15:51

dubs a écrit:

Bonjour,

Voici un interview de Francis paru ce jour dans la presse anglaise.
Que doit-on comprendre quand Francis dit que sa relation avec Rick est "ish" ??

J'ai cherché, je n'ai pas trouvé et je n'ai pas compris non plus.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Not Dead Yet Live, comme Phil Collins
Page 1 sur 1