QuoFrance - Forum Status Quo

Quofrance - Forum Francophone

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
-28%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G Double Sim 128Go ...
389 € 539 €
Voir le deal

Interview Francis Rossi ( Irish Times ) english

2 participants
AuteurMessage
El'Presidente

El'Presidente

Interview Francis Rossi ( Irish Times ) english  Empty
MessageSujet: Interview Francis Rossi ( Irish Times ) english    Interview Francis Rossi ( Irish Times ) english  Icon_minitimeLun 7 Avr 2014 - 17:25

You are billing this as the last ever Status Quo concert. Is that the last with the original line-up of the Frantic Four aka yourself, Rick Parfitt (rhythm guitar), Alan Lancaster (bass) and John Coghlan (drums) or the last of the newer incarnation of the band?

The other three would like to do more. I wouldn’t like to do more. I think it has run its thing. Alan Lancaster is not particularly fit or well. Rick Parfitt and I have worked so many shows. We’re a lot fitter than they are. As a reunion thing, I never thought it would happen.
It happened. It was a great nostalgic event. We went and did this year again so we could take in Europe. If it goes anymore, it will really lose its spec (sic). As far I am concerned, it is definitely the last show we will do together.
As soon as I’ve finished with that, I’m off with the other guys to Denmark and we’ll carry on with the rest of this year. They’re the regular Quo. Nobody thought the original Quo would reform because of the problem between Lancaster, myself and Parfitt.
That being said, it was really been good though it could have been better. We are getting older. I can’t believe I’m nearly 65 (he’s 64). You start to think to yourself, ‘this can’t be f***ing possible. I can’t go on’ .
There is a stick and a carrot and I feel I’ve been trying to catch this carrot all my life since I was 12 or 13 and that generally keeps me going. I’m getting to the point where I feel I don’t need to chase the carrot anymore.

Could you have imagined in 1962 when you started what became Status Quo that you’d still be together more than 50 years later?

No way. We thought in the late 1970s that it was all over because we were spending so much money chasing the Yankee dollar.

What keeps you going?

Many things. Money is one of them. When I was going to a Catholic school we had a teacher called Mrs O’ Sullivan. She said that when you are older and die, you’ll have a place next to God and when you’re older, you’ll be able to do all the things you weren’t able to do when you were working. Those were two of the biggest lies I ever heard.
There’s also a definite ego thing with me. I am an insecure little show-off, but even that is getting to the stage where I’d like it to be enough. I’d like to be satisfied myself with it so there is a frustration when I say to myself ‘when the f**k will you be satisfied? When will it be enough?’. I’d like it to be enough because I’d like to take it out of my head for a while because ever since I can remember, I’m always thinking about Quo.
To balance that, if I dropped dead tomorrow, what a fantastic f**king life I’ve had.
They talk about positive manifestations for young people. If you want it, go for it. The negative side is that I have no education whatsoever. I was a cocky little shit in school and I didn’t even learn to play my instrument correctly because we got successful, but I got everything I ever dreamed of. I’m so lucky. I’ve never had any serious illness. F**k me, I’ve had a charmed life.

en plus CLAIR: il ferme la porte à une éventuelle REREREUNION TOUR dans le futur...la formation actuelle, les tournées , l'envie , la fatigue de l'age , plusieurs raisons evoquées mais il a déjà changé d'avis non ? il se pose quand meme la question à savoir : Est ce vraiment assez ? quand serais je completement satisfait ? mais QUO a toujours été dans sa tete...et ça continue...Si je meurs demain, j'aurais eu une p...de vie ! Je n'ai jamais été sérieusement malade...ma vie est superbe !

a suivre... bof 
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.statusquo.fr
Ph. E

Interview Francis Rossi ( Irish Times ) english  Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interview Francis Rossi ( Irish Times ) english    Interview Francis Rossi ( Irish Times ) english  Icon_minitimeSam 12 Avr 2014 - 21:35

Pas très encourageant pour un 3ème tour du Frantic 4, tout cela  disturbed disturbed disturbed 

L'espoir fait vivre ; nous n'aurions pas espéré un 2ème tour il y a un an.... alors espérons musique musique 
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Interview Francis Rossi ( Irish Times ) english
Page 1 sur 1